Down comforter is the best linen you can have in your sleep, especially, if it’s fully fluffed. If not, then you might have wished for something different. In other words, a comforter is pretty much useless if not fluffy.
Why, you ask?
- The insulation is no longer efficient
- It’s no longer comfortable
Before I introduce you to my personal method of re-fluffing my down comforters, let me first tell you how to maintain their fluffiness. This way, you will be able to keep them fluffy for a very long time before re-fluffing them again.
Related articles: Fluffiest down comforters
Daily Fluffing Maintenance
- As soon as you get up from your bed daily, flat the comforter on your bed. Pull one end of the comforter up to the head level and shake it up and down. The same way you shake the dust off your rug.
- Look for lumpy sections in your down comforter and press them as if you are massaging it. This will remove any chunks of down and feathers. The down and feathers will be distributed evenly allowing the air to penetrate the comforter properly.
With these two vital things being said, let me now bring you to how you can re-fluff your favorite down comforters.
Down Comforter Re-Fluffing Tips
Keep in mind that there’s no need for you to perform all these tips all at once. Pick one of these methods and you will notice additional fluffiness on your comforter. If you feel like it still lacks the fluffiness you need, feel free to combine a couple of methods. Just keep in mind that frequent maintenance may lose the comforter’s fluffiness as well.
Here are the things you need to do to re-fluff your comforter.
- Go to your outdoor clothesline and hang your down comforter on it. Leave it hanging for several hours. This will allow the breeze to pass through the comforter. Doing so will make your comforter fluffy for your next use.
- Go to your local laundromat and look for a large commercial drying machine. Put the comforter inside and set the settings to air fluff. This will prevent the machine from using heat when used. Put a couple of tennis balls inside the machine together with your comforter. Doing so will lessen the chunks of down and feathers inside the comforter while the machine spins it. Don’t forget to put the tennis balls inside white socks because the color of the tennis balls might also transfer to the comforter.
- You may also air fluff the comforter in a drying machine without the tennis balls. You have to this for a couple of hours. Just don’t forget to take the comforter out and shake it every 20 minutes to evenly distribute the down and feathers.
These three simple steps will help you in bringing back the fluffiness of your down comforters. You may do this on the same day that you wash the comforter. Don’t frequently re-fluff the comforter or you might damage it instead. Simply stick with the daily maintenance and you might find yourself no longer in need of re-fluffing.
Incoming search terms:
- feather down duvet how to fluffy
- fluff up feather topper in dryer
- hiw to wash comforters so they dont become lumpy
- how to fluff a flat down comforter
- how to fluffup my quilt comforter
- how to make flat comforter fluffy
- how to properly was my duvet fluffy
- washed comforter now lumpy
- washed real down comforter now lumpy